KURA is a non-partisan association of residents, both owners and renters. Its Purpose is to address the issues that impact the quality of life for the "Uptown" Kingston, NY neighborhood.
- Focus on the elimination of criminal activities and nuisances which detract from the quality of the neighborhood.
- Take maximum advantage of the Nuisance Abatement Law by the provision of information to, and obtaining the support of the key enforcement agencies (Sheriff, Police, Code Enforcement, Alderpersons, and the DA ).
- Coach residents with regard to the filing of complaints and coordination with the enforcement agencies and KURA, itself, for follow-up.
- Promote volunteer projects and other programs which may require local and county government support.
- Maintain a list of projects and problems. Periodically report on the progress toward resolution.
- Provide a single but powerful voice to other local organizations plus City and County governments.
- Conduct periodic general meetings to brief all residents on major issues. Assess progress toward resolution of current issues, and to exchange views with the implementers ( Code Enforcement, Sheriff, Police, Alderpersons and District Attorney).
- Foster a strong liaison with the local press to provide visibility regarding issues and to publish the KURA position.